- Paying your rent & charges
- Your tenancy
- Your money
- Tenancy support
- Factoring service
- My home
- My community
- About RCH
- Vision and values
- Our business plan
- Our performance
- The Board
- Policies and Procedures
- Executive Leadership Team
- Working in neighbourhoods
- Awards and accolades
- Accessing Information
- Work for us
- Contact us
- Accessibility information
Rent consultation - Have your say
Tell us what you think and you could win a £200 shopping voucher
8 December 2020
River Clyde Homes has underlined its commitment to affordable rents by this year proposing that increases be capped at a maximum of 2.1%. But we want people to have their say over the level of increase.
Each response will be entered into a prize draw with one customer having the chance of winning a £200 shopping voucher for an outlet of their choice.
Last year, customers were supportive of a rent increase of 3%. This year, mindful of the economic impact of Covid-19, we are offering customers three options on the increase effective from April 2021.
The proposals are:
- 1.7% increase, which would allow us to maintain our current level of service and planned investment levels.
- 1.9% increase which would generate an additional £56k and would, for example, allow us to replace a further 20 gas central heating boilers.
- 2.1% increase which would generate an additional £112k and would, for example, allow us to replace a further 40 gas central heating boilers.
We hope customers will let us know what they think of the proposals by taking part in the consultation. Our Customer Experience team and housing officers will be making brief, outbound, calls to customers over the next five weeks. In addition, freepost cards will be delivered to multi-storey blocks and sheltered housing complexes. Customers can also tell us what they think online and via social media and by responding to text messages.
Customers wishing to participate in the consultation can simply use the online questionnaire.
Consultation over charges for wardens, caretaking services and factoring will take place separately with the relevant customers.