- Paying your rent & charges
- Your tenancy
- Your money
- Tenancy support
- Factoring service
- My home
- My community
- About RCH
- Vision and values
- Our business plan
- Our performance
- The Board
- Policies and Procedures
- Executive Leadership Team
- Working in neighbourhoods
- Awards and accolades
- Accessing Information
- Work for us
- Contact us
- Accessibility information
Inverclyde CounciI - Industrial Action
The Council is expecting significant disruption to waste, recycling, and street cleaning services between 24 August to 10 September 2022 due to strike action.
24 August 2022
A webpage has been created on the council website at: https://www.inverclyde.gov.uk/industrialaction
It includes updates on:
• Household waste services
• Brown Bins (garden waste)
• Food waste collections
• Commercial waste collection
• Glass bank services
• Report a missed bin
• Collections of bulky waste items
• Recycling centres – Pottery Street and Craigmuschat Quarry
• Request and replacing bins and boxes
• Litter/dogs bins and street cleansing
• Waste reporting and enquires
The page also includes some guidance on what householders can do to help during the period of industrial action.
The page will be regularly updated and shared across social media sites.
What you can do
You can help the council during this period by following this guidance:
• Regularly check this page on our website and our social media accounts for service updates and when collections will restart in your area,
• If your bin is not collected, please return it to your normal location, don’t put any bins, boxes, or bags out for collection until updates are advised,
• Use strong black bags for your waste,
• When separating your recycling, please try to flatten all cardboard, plastic bottles, and cans Store these to empty into the recycling bin when you can,
• Store waste sensibly securely and safely on your property,
• Consider bin sharing with your neighbours’ agreement. Help neighbours who may need support managing their waste and pass on this advice to those who may not have heard.
• Keep all food waste separate and in an enclosed container.
• Please do not take your waste to any other location as these will not get collected and could become a hazard.
• If a bin is full to overflowing, don’t use it, particularly for dog fouling. Please either use a bin that’s not full or take it home and double bag it to reduce smells.