- Factoring service
- Tenancy support
- Your tenancy
- Paying your rent & charges
- Your money
- My home
- My community
- About RCH
- Vision and values
- Our business plan
- Our performance
- The Board
- Policies and Procedures
- Executive Leadership Team
- Working in neighbourhoods
- Awards and accolades
- Accessing Information
- Work for us
- Contact us
- Accessibility information
New Year : New Start
Inverclyde's first dementia friendly housing is coming soon
21 January 2022
New homes for rent that give people with early onset dementia the opportunity to continue to live independently will soon be available in Inverclyde.
These properties will be advertised for bidding 21st January – 27th January 2022. Expected handover date mid to late February 2022.
River Clyde Homes’ major development at St Stephen’s in Port Glasgow includes the area’s first specially designed dementia friendly homes.
We have 24 flats that are specially adapted to provide a dementia friendly environment for customers who may be experiencing early onset dementia. The aim is to enable those with early onset dementia to continue to live as independently as possible within the community.
Applications are now being taken for this innovative development.
Dementia friendly adaptations include:
- colour contrasting floors and walls on each landing;
- individually coloured flat entrance doors;
- visually identifiable hot and cold taps;
- different coloured toilet seat from sanitary ware;
- clear fronted kitchen wall and base units;
- level access showers to some flats;
- a sensory garden adjacent to the block;
- lift access to all floors and
- estate caretaking services
- Properties will be open to single person or couple households where one or both persons have had a diagnosis of early onset dementia.
- Referrals will also be accepted via HSCP or voluntary care organisations.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete an online application form at www.riverclydehomes.org.uk
- Be sure to complete all questions, including medical needs
- If you require assistance to complete the application form, please contact freephone 0800 013 2196
- Contact Angela Docherty on 07814 995 451 for further information and/or to register your interest
- When the flats become available place a bid via River Clyde Homes website or, if you get in touch, a bid can be placed for you.