- Paying your rent & charges
- Your tenancy
- Your money
- Tenancy support
- Factoring service
- My home
- My community
- About RCH
- Vision and values
- Our business plan
- Annual Report to Tenants
- The Board
- The Management Team
- Working in neighbourhoods
- Awards and accolades
- Work for us
- Contact us
- Accessibility information
Update: Our Power
Some news from Ofgem following the demise of Our Power
31 January 2019
Ofgem has appointed Utilita Energy Limited to take on supplying Our Power’s 31,000 domestic customers. This follows a competitive process run by Ofgem to get the best deal possible for customers.
Utilita is offering Our Power’s customers a competitive tariff and will honour all outstanding credit balances, including money owed to both existing and former customers of Our Power.
Warm Home Discount customers who have already been approved by Our Power will continue to receive their payment from Utilita.
Utilita will absorb the costs of honouring customers’ credit balances and the migration of customers.
For existing customers, energy supplies will continue as normal as they switch over to Utilita on Thursday 31 January.
Customers with prepayment tariffs can continue to top up their meters as they had done previously with Our Power.
Customers of Our Power will be contacted over the coming days about the changes. If customers wish to switch supplier they should shop around. Customers will not be charged exit fees if they decide to switch to another supplier.
Utilita has committed to make significant improvements in its complaints handling and answering of phone calls by end of March – making it easier for customers to contact them. This will improve customer service both for Utilita’s existing customers, and incoming Our Power customers.
Philippa Pickford, Ofgem’s director for future retail markets, said:
“I am pleased to announce we have appointed Utilita, which will offer Our Power’s customers a competitive tariff for their energy. Their credit balances will be honoured and their energy supply will continue as normal.
“Utilita has also agreed to absorb the costs of taking on these customers and outstanding credit balances, which means the extra costs will not fall on the industry or households.
“Utilita will be in contact with customers over the coming days with further information. Once the transfer has been completed, customers can shop around for a better deal if they wish to.”
“We are pleased that Utilita has given firm commitments to delivering a positive customer experience. We expect them to continue building on this, to ensure a good customer experience for all customers.”
Customers with questions should contact Utilita’s customer service team on 03300 583 392.
More information for Our Power’s customers can be found on the Ofgem website.
Notes to editors
• Our Power’s customers will be supplied by Utilita as of Thursday 31 January. Accounts will be fully set up over the coming weeks.
• Utilita will be in touch with customers in the coming days. Any questions customers have should be directed to Utilita.
• Utilita will honour the credit balances of current and former Our Power customers.
• Current and former customers who owe money, or are in debit to Our Power should wait to hear from Our Power’s administrators.
• Customers with direct debits should not cancel their arrangement, although if you have already done so, Utilita will contact you shortly to explain how they will set up your account.
• Customers can find support and advice on the Ofgem website. Alternatively, if they need additional support, they can call Citizens Advice on 03454 04 05 06 or email them via webform, or get in touch through Ofgem’s facebook or twitter feed @ofgem
River Clyde Homes' customers can call our 24/7 Customer Experience Team at any time of the night or day on 0800 013 2196