- Paying your rent & charges
- Your tenancy
- Your money
- Tenancy support
- Factoring service
- My home
- My community
- About RCH
- Vision and values
- Our business plan
- Annual Report to Tenants
- The Board
- The Management Team
- Working in neighbourhoods
- Awards and accolades
- Work for us
- Contact us
- Accessibility information
Tenants have the right to apply to assign (pass on) their tenancy provided that the house has been the only and main home of the person they wish to assign the tenancy to for at least 6 months prior to the request.
How to Apply
A written request should be made, including the name of the person you are assigning to and when you want the assignation to take place. River Clyde Homes must give written permission before the assignation takes place.
River Clyde Homes will provide a decision on the assignation within 28 days of the application being received. If we are unable to provide a decision within this timeframe we will write to you explaining why.
If we refuse permission we will notify you within 1 month of receipt of the request in writing. We will explain the reason for the refusal. If you are not happy with the decision you have the right to appeal to the sheriff.
Reasonable grounds include:
- Notice of eviction has been served
- ASBO has been served
- Terms proposed for rent payment or any other payment is unreasonable
- The change would lead to overcrowding
- There are planned works which would affect the tenancy
- Proposed assignee has no right to reside in the UK
- Failure to provide evidence of continuous residency period
If you would like to talk to us about assigning your tenancy, call 0800 013 2196 or email: email@example.com