- Paying your rent & charges
- Your tenancy
- Your money
- Tenancy support
- Factoring service
- My home
- My community
- About RCH
- Vision and values
- Our business plan
- Our performance
- The Board
- Policies and Procedures
- Executive Leadership Team
- Working in neighbourhoods
- Awards and accolades
- Accessing Information
- Work for us
- Contact us
- Accessibility information
Your safety is paramount
ANNUAL GAS SERVICING
We want to keep you safe in your home. To do this, we need to carry out at least one gas safety visit in your home each year. It’s the law for all responsible landlords Under the Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1998.
Our Gas Contractor will contact you approximately 2 months before the anniversary date of the previous service with an appointment for your annual service, if access isn’t possible River Clyde Homes will then issue two reminder letters asking you to arrange an appointment that suits you.
In the unlikely event that we are unable to arrange an appointment with you, we will be required to take action to obtain access to your home to carry out the gas safety visit.
You will be notified by letter that a forced access appointment has been arranged allowing you an additional chance to make an appointment upto 48 hours before the date of the forced access appointment.
If the forced entry goes ahead, then we will apply a fixed recharge and you will be liable for all associated costs of arranging and carrying out the appointment.
This recharge fee will be charged, irrespective of whether or not you allow us access at the forced access appointment.
If you are not home for this appointment a lock change may be necessary or if the meter is situated outside your home, we may cap the gas. This action is required to ensure RCH comply with our legislative duty.
Our finance team will pursue the recovery of all recharges.
Reporting a Repair or Arranging Your Service
If you require a repair to your gas heating system or would like to arrange your annual service please contact :
- James Frew / GasSure on: 01294 468113 (24 hours a day, 365 days a year)
- Repair enquires: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Service enquires: email@example.com
Your Annual Gas Service
Please note that it is essential that there is credit in the gas meter to enable a gas service to be carried out.
I smell gas. What should I do?
Follow the steps below immediately:
- Open all windows and doors to help ventilate your home.
- Turn off the gas supply at the meter and make sure all gas appliances are switched off.
- Don’t smoke or use any naked flames (E.g matches or candles)
- Turn the gas off at the meter
- Don’t touch any electrical switches or appliances. Turning a switch on or off could ignite a gas leak.
- Call the SGN - National Gas Emergency Number on 0800 111 999.
You can also call us on 0800 013 2196 and we will speak to SGN on your behalf and arrange for our Gas Contractor to attend your property and carry out any necessary repairs and safety checks.