- Paying your rent & charges
- Your tenancy
- Your money
- Tenancy support
- Factoring service
- My home
- My community
- About RCH
- Vision and values
- Our business plan
- Our performance
- The Board
- Policies and Procedures
- Executive Leadership Team
- Working in neighbourhoods
- Awards and accolades
- Accessing Information
- Work for us
- Contact us
- Accessibility information
Saving and borrowing
It’s always a good idea to have some money put aside for a rainy day. Saving up money regularly, however small or large, is the best way of saving up for expensive things such as a holiday, car or a wedding. It can also be a good way of making sure you have money to pay for emergencies such as needing to replace an expensive household item.
One of the best ways to save is by using a credit union account. There are two credit unions in Inverclyde who can offer savings accounts; Tail O the Bank Credit Union and Port Glasgow Credit Union. If you have savings with either credit union you may be eligible to apply for a loan at a competitive rate of interest.
River Clyde Homes are also teaming up with Pollok Credit Union to bring you a new way of banking. Check back here for more information soon.
Saving money on your energy bills
River Clyde Homes continues to work with iHeat (Inverclyde Home Energy Advice Team) to help save our customers money on their energy bills.
Inverclyde Home Energy Advice Team (i.HEAT) offers free impartial energy advice to anyone in Inverclyde who has an energy related concern. From general energy advice through to energy advocacy support, i.HEAT can offer assistance such as:
- provide energy advice tailor-made to your needs;
- advise on meter readings and explain energy bills;
- help you get the best out of your heating system;
- provide information on general electrical appliance running costs;
- recommend energy saving measures;
- help to agree payment plans and ensure that any arrears are being repaid at a reasonable rate;
- act on your behalf when dealing with energy suppliers;
- provide impartial advice on the best energy deals and offer assistance if you are switching energy suppliers.
iHeat can also help you to access hardship fund as offered by some energy suppliers to help with any debts you have with our energy bills. If you are a Scottish Power or SSE customer and have any debt on your account contact us today to find out how we can help.
If you wish to access any other services offered by i.HEAT please contact us on 0800 013 2196 and we can refer you on.
- Money Advice Service has a handy budget planner which lets you work out how much is left after your bills each month and where you can potentially make saving.
- The Gov.UK benefits website provides all the information you need about benefits.
- Use the Universal Jobmatch website from Gov.UK to look for a job.
- Money Saving Expert is a useful website with tips on how to save money and discount codes.
- The This is Money site offers a wide range of financial information on saving, banking, credit and many other subject.