- Paying your rent & charges
- Your tenancy
- Your money
- Tenancy support
- Factoring service
- My home
- My community
- About RCH
- Vision and values
- Our business plan
- Our performance
- The Board
- Policies and Procedures
- The Management Team
- Working in neighbourhoods
- Awards and accolades
- Accessing Information
- Work for us
- Contact us
- Accessibility information
Paying your rent & charges
You can check your rent account balance and pay your accounts using our on-line Tenant Information Portal Service (TIPS). Your Housing Officer can set you up for this service on request.
You can pay by any of the following methods:
- On-line using TIPS or Allpay website;
- Set up a Direct Debit or standing order from your bank or building society account.
- Telephone our Customer Experience Team on 0800 013 2196 at any time of the day or night, 7 days a week.
- In person at any Post Office or Paypoint outlet. You can find your local paypoint
- In person at Inverclyde Council's Municipal Buildings, Clyde Square, Greenock;
- By post to River Clyde Homes and paying by cheque.
Remember to make your rent payment a priority as you could lose your home if you do not make regular rent and other payments as agreed within your tenancy agreement. More than 15 tenants loss their home each year due to non-payment of rent and this number is increasing.
If you are in financial difficulty and worried about making your rent or other payments, don’t ignore it, contact our Financial Wellbeing Team
Pay by Direct Debit
The simplest way to pay your rent is by Direct Debit. This offers you greater choice allowing you to pay your rent any day of the week. It allows you to set-up a Direct Debit by phone and with options to pay at a time that suits you. If you choose Direct Debit you will be safeguarded with:
- an immediate money back guarantee from your bank in the event of an error in the payment of your Direct Debit;
- advance notice if the date or amount changes and
- the right to cancel at any time.
To take advantage of this service please contact our Customer Experience team on 0800 013 2196.
Pay by phone
Call us on 0800 013 2196. Have your debit/credit card details to hand as well as your customer reference and invoice number. Select option 2. Payments are accepted 24 hours a day, seven days a week.